Wednesday, March 30, 2011

29 Hours Until Script Frenzy


Approaching sunset over the Horse Park.

Yep Script Frenzy. I've been thinking about it for a long time just as I did NANO before I actually got bold and crazy enough to do it. I've collected a few how-to books and several screenplays, American Beauty, UP, and one of the most helpful, Brokeback Mountain as it has the short story in front then the screenplay so you can see how it was adapted.

I'm going to work on Wishin'. I saw it as a movie as I was writing it. It is still in the first draft.  I haven't done any editing or adding to it yet.

Writing a screenplay is a whole different deal. It seems to be nuts and bolts compared to floating out across the desert on the pink clouds of your hero's thoughts. Still it seems like a fun and interesting challenge.

No comments: